Thursday, November 1, 2007

Just another average Thursday

After three weeks of what seemed like endless renovations, finally, we are back at our own place. Today I awoke to a mild +3 autumn day. Anastasia was due for her first day at work. So at 8am I trudged off to collect the car, and rendezvoused at the front of our place at 8.30am. Traffic in Vladivostok, as I have commented before, is pretty intense specially at peak hour, when five cars are pushing for two lanes. I cannot believe how resourceful the drivers are here. Footpaths, bush tracks, even cutting across the local school oval are fair game when travelling to work. Lucky I've got a 4wd!
After dropping Anastasia outside the main train station, I headed home to prepared for my classes. Working Russian style is quite different from Australian. Nastya's first day at work involved the staff getting creative as the power went off for 4 hours. Tomorrow should be a little more fun as she was informed to bring champagne and cake to celebrate the new arrival.
As for me, i had three classes this afternoon, and now I am sitting down to a cup of tea and block of dark chocolate. Hey, before you all start pointing the finger, I heard that couple of squares of dark chocolate are good for you, and so a whole block must be even better!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I have heard that a couple of pieces of dark chocolate is good for you but i can put money on it that you didn't stop at a couple!!!