Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Milk anyone?

"Let's get a lot of milk from each cow."

Love it! I never thought milk could be so motivating. Actually, the other day in my Business English class I asked "what sort of fringe benefits were common in Russian businesses?" Would you believe it, milk was the answer! Apparently in Soviet times, free milk was given to employees in order to keep them healthy. Crazy stuff, I know. While we are on the crazy stuff, I was told today that in the early days of the Revolution a bloke named Artyom from Vlad (now the name of a little town just outside of Vald), left Russia in the 1920s and helped set up Australia's very own Trade Unions. Does this mean that our unions were formed from the Russian model? I'll have to do a little more investigating. Something to think about as all of you head to the polls on the weekend.

No comments: