Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sun Life Fitness Centre

Just finished up work at 11pm and now can't sleep. So I thought it might be a good opportunity to fill you guys in on the fitness club I work at. I do feel a little disappointed however, because I left the majority of the staff back at the gym where they were well on their way through a bottle of vodka and wine. Can you imagine yourself, mid week, at work and along with quite a congregation of your colleagues, deciding that it is time, (11pm), to lay a spread out and crack open a bottle or two. These guys really know how to have a good time. One aspect of Russian culture I have come to admire. There is no time like the present when your with good company. "Sun Life" is like a family. The comradeship is infectious and very welcoming. I've never met a people so hell bent on being social. Aussies unfortunately, just don't push it that extra yard when it comes to mateship and being social. Something I thought we were famous for.
The club itself is fantastic and includes - Masseuse, beautician, hair dresser, solariums, sports bar, cafe, sauna, steam room, spin studio, all the bells and whistles and even electric toilet seats. My colleagues are all very qualified and I look forward to learning as much as I can from them. Check out Vasili. Apart from lifting small cars in his spare time, he has a 300kg bench! Today I watched him bench 100kg for 34 reps! Just in case you can't read Russian, that says "instructor".


5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Nic,

Purple really suits you! I told Rod you were going to lift in a comp in Dec and he reminded me about your injury. Have you fully recovered?

Lisa

Nicholas said...

Lisa, yes the colour is very flattering.The injury seems to have fully recovered however, I havn't pushed any big weights for a while.

Lisa said...

That is great news.

Unknown said...

Hi Nico,
That's some gym that you work for, the only thing I can find missing from the club is a nail technician. Something your Mum and I couldn't do without.
Actually the 'movie girls' are quite adept at cracking open a bottle of wine (usually about 9.00 pm)after the movies and that is on a Tuesday night!. Mind you this only happens fortnightly! Sorry I'm not very worldly but I have to ask, what is an 'electric toilet seat'?? BTW congratulations on getting your other job too! Krys

Nicholas said...

Krystyna,
The gym does have a nail technician! The electric toilet seat does just about eveything for you. It keeps the seat heated, has a bilt in bidet, (you can pick what ever pressure you like)and an eletronic bottom dryer. Not a big fan of the bidet, for me paper is just fine.