Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's not all about me.

I've had a few comments recently inquiring about Anastasia. Frankly yes, I have been hogging the lime light and so I think it is about time to let Nastya have her say. Over to you Nas.
Hi there everybody! Having a great time here back at home. It has been great to catch up with family and friends. I am not the writer in this family, I look after the money. :).......................Yep, writers block... Back to you Nic.
Well what can I say, she's short and sweet. Actually Nas has a few job interviews coming up, one in particular looks quite promising. She has been offered work near Vlad, but "near Vlad" must have been lost in translation because the offers are not very near.
One in Sakhalin paid extremely well and looked all go, until one takes into consideration where and what Sakhalin is. Sakhalin is the long elongated island at the top Japan. It has been a point of contention for many years as both Russia and Japan claim it as theirs. (Between 1905-1945 it was in Japan's hands). Today it is Russia, however Japan as not agreed to sign any formal agreement since the end of WW2 and so the ownership of the island is a bit of a touchy subject. The island itself is densely covered in wilderness and many areas completely inaccessible. Some areas no human has ever set foot in. The island is minimally populated and according to Nastya a bit of backwater. Personally I thought I'd love to check it out, until I found out that in Winter the island can be completely isolated as seas freeze and airports close due to bad weather. So it doesn't look like we are moving to Sakhalin.
Apart from that Nas has been relaxing around home and sometimes joins me at the gym to help with translating. Here's Mother and daughter in the kitchen. Many a masterpiece has been created in this kitchen, by those two pair of hands. Lucky me!





1 comment:

Julianne said...

Good to hear from you Anastasia. Thought Nico was there all on his own except that you were in some of the photos.Also glad to see Nadia in some photos and that you didn't take the remote island job.
J