Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New beginnings.

I love this old Soviet propaganda art. It's very bold in art work and adjoining statements. This anti alcohol poster states:
"Who is clever and who is stupid! One is with a book, one is in the bar."

Today I was the clever one. Surrounding myself with Russian language books by morning and English language books by night. I have finally officially started work for English First. Tonight I taught 2 classes at an intermediate level. It was great, the students seemed to really enjoy speaking with a native speaker. Actually, I was surprised how much I enjoyed the whole experience.

Today I may have been the clever one with the books, but come the weekend I'll be hitting the pub. Monday, will be nose to the grindstone once again. No sickies for me.

"On a Sickie"

Oh, and by the way, today Nastya and I finally found an apartment. It's close to work, clean and has all the amenities we need, even a spare bed for when Kate and Dan pop over in Dec.

No comments: