Sunday, September 16, 2007

Larry The Patriot.


I'd like you all to meet someone extraordinary. Larry, (Russian name Ilya), may as well have Aussie blood running through his veins. Never have I met someone so passionate about Australia. He celebrates Australia Day, ANZAC Day, keeps up with all the local Aussie news, can recite "We Come From A Land Down Under", can retell Australian history better than any native and knows city's, suburbs and streets like a local. The guy may as well be an Aussie and as a matter of fact, that is exactly what he considers himself . After meeting at the gym, I quickly found out what a top notch bloke he was and so today we decided to catch up for a few beers along Vlad's boardwalk. Beers, sun, the water and good company, the combination was fantastic. Thank goodness you can drink where ever you like here.

Sunday arvo strolling along Vlad's boardwalk. Check out the sailor boys.



3 comments:

Kate said...

I think we may have found Dan's long lost brother!

swifttruman said...

Hi,
seeing the photo of the Broadwalk reminded me of my visit to Vlad last November 1st.
I returned there in Jan/Feb this year and stayed for 1 month. I find the city has a romantic yet distinctly primitive sympathectic air about it.
However, I love it there.
I shall be retuning in January 08
Regards
MJ

swifttruman said...

Hi,
seeing the photo of the Boardwalk reminded me of my visit to Vlad last November 1st. And during my stay I also strolled along the Vlad Boardwalk with my girlfriend.
Nice reminder.
I returned there in Jan/Feb this year and stayed for 1 month. I find the city has a strange romantic attraction about it, and I love it there.
I shall be returning in January 08
Regards
swift