Monday, October 15, 2007

No I am not in hibernation, although it is starting to get a little fresh over here. I am sure you can all see by the weather pixel how cold it is, however it does not take into consideration the massive wind-chill factor. Being a port, Vladivostok seems to be battered constantly by some very cool winds. In winter these winds can minus another 15-20 degrees of the minimum. With official minimums as low as -30 I am glad that I've stocked up on the thermal undies.
The reason I've been out of action for the last few days is a direct result from the self inflicted hangover I sustained after the weekend. Saturday night was huge. It started however Innocent enough, Larry (the patriot), San Deep (a fellow teacher from EF and also the son of the Indian Vice Consul) and I headed to a pub/restaurant for a drink. Before long Nastya, Maryanna, Dasha (San Deep's girlfriend and the inebriating instigator Sasha arrived. So you can see we had quite the gathering and no one was in a hurry to go anywhere.

Dasha, San Deep, Larry and I.

Sunday night Oleg, Natasha, Alonya, Nastya and I headed off the see Mummie Trol, a very popular band here in Russia. The lead singer was brought up in Vlad and so tickets were at a premium. Lucky we've got a few connections. Mummie Trol is a cross between Marilyn Manson and the Cure. I couldn't understand one word that was sung and so at first felt very dejected about my Russian progress. However after consulting with the the others, my spirits were lifted, as the rest of the group had no idea about the lyrics as well.

There seems to be a problem with up loading photos so you'll just have to wait for the concert pics.

No comments: