Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Far Eastern National University

Today was my first day back at uni. It was fantastic, not a word of English spoken. Even my class mates didn't speak English, as they are all Korean. My Russian feels like it improved in one day. Each day starts at 9.30am and finishes at 1pm. Plenty of time to either work or play in the afternoon.
I thought I'd post a picture of inside and outside the boat, which we traveled on to the picnic.
From left to right- Nas, me, Olya, Igor, Father in law Anatoly and Oleg. As usual we wasted no time in getting stuck into the vodka.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Nic -

Here's a translation exercise for you: how do you write your in Cyrillic?

Helen ;-)

Nicholas said...

Hey Helen, how is the training going? Hope Russ is still as punishing as ever.
Did you mean my "nane" in Cyrilic? If so here it is нисолас ансворт-смит. Not sure if you will be able to read it.

Helen said...

Yep - I meant name.
What a cool language to get into. Let me say that you are doing pretty damn well at learning it! Well done!

And yes, looking forward to my first session with Russell at Goodlife this week. As for punishing, he doesn't need any encouragement! Have had a 'flat' couple of weeks as the last of my bronchitis has exited the building, but we're all better now.

How are the Russian style powerlifters at your new gym?

Nicholas said...

Helen,
There are a couple of very good lifters that I work with. Vasili and Alina are both world class on the bench. Vasili can press 250kg!