Thursday, December 4, 2008

Here comes WINTER!

Well, I'm not complaining. Here I am sitting at home, classes cancelled, catching up on a bit of Russian study. The reason, snow! Not bucket loads of it, but enough to seize the city of Vlad and force EF to cancel all evening classes. You see, Vlad's traffic is impossible on a good day, let alone one which sees rain, sleet and snow falling. The cities buildings are dotted around it's never ending rolling hills and as the temperature is due to drop to a chilly -20 degrees this evening, the roads will be inevitable carnage for any motorist game enough to challenge mother nature.
Strange, because this morning was a barmy 5 degrees. The forecast however for the next few days is in the - 20s. And yes, yet another Global Warming record; today was the first December day to record rain in Vladivostok.
Some interesting news on my behalf. Nastya and I will be heading to the big smoke, Moscow!
I have one more week left at EF. Then it's off to Oz in order to renew my visa and spend time sweating my butt off with the family for Christmas, before heading to the capital to take up a teaching position with Mayokovskaya EF. The adventures continue! Who knows what wild and wacky Russian impressions will eventuate when we embark on this next expedition.
But before Moscow I've got some serious reporting to do. The next few weeks will see me tackling some of Vlad's more peculiar sites. It's going to be Sightseeing, Bizarro World style.
The agenda will include:
1. A visit to Vlad's Mafia graveyard.
2. A trip through some of Vlad's radiation infested secret underground tunnels.
3. A couple of dips in the frozen Pacific Ocean.

Quite the adventures itinerary! Just hope I'll survive to tell the tale.

No comments: